Paul Denissen won the SURFAIR 2018 Award. PhD researcher Paul Denissen was given the award for work on corrosion protection by algae and development of new evaluation techniques at the 2018 Surface Finishing in the Aeronautics and Aerospace Industries (SURFAIR) conference.
SURFAIR is the world’s leading biennial congress on Surface Finishing in the Aeronautics and Aerospace Industries since 1970. The International Congress is held every other year and brings together an international audience of decision-makers and experts from over 20 countries.
SURFAIR 2018 Award
The main aim is to select, among topics received following our call for papers, those which stand out according to innovation, content and technical research criteria in their own area of expertise. These high-level experts recognized in the Aeronautics & Aerospace industry thus build-up the program for the 3-days conferences of SURFAIR. It is therefore natural that they would turn into members of the Jury for the SURFAIR Awards, rewarding the best presentations of the 2018 edition according to the same criteria. Following these 3 days of conferences, the jury meets and selects the winners for the SURFAIR Award 2018.
The International Committee was composed of the following members:
- Marc Cleary – Director of the Chemical Technology – The Boeing Company
- Ludovic Molliex – Head of Materials & Processes – SAFRAN Group
Technical & Scientific Members:
- Olivier Brucelle – Technical Fellow M&P – UTC Aerospace Systems
- Elisa Campazzi – Expert in Surface Engineering – Airbus Helicopters
- Massimo Cavaliere – General manager – Italian Aerospace Research Center
- Christophe Colin – Ingredients Expert – Air France
- Dominique Farkas – Managing Director – Word Aerospace Development
- Thierry Gregoire – Head of Quality Development – ArianeGroup
- Wilson Maia – Head of technology and process team – Thales Global Services
- Pierre Michelin – Engineer – Dassault Aviation
- Claude Rossignol – Head of Materials and Mechanical Department – Liebherr Aerospace
- Karen Schultz – Materials Engineer – The Boeing Company
- Alain Viola – R&T manager Materials and Process department – SAFRAN group